When Packaging Goes Wrong Instead of Going Green - Our Daily Green

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When Packaging Goes Wrong Instead of Going Green

This short video really drove home a point, so I asked my friend Tracy over at ECOSiZe Me if I could share it. She graciously agreed.

One of my huge huge pet peeves is ridiculous packaging on unbreakable items, especially if we think they are ecofriendly items!

Under the category of personal care, I ordered some reusable female items that could have been tucked into a simple envelope, but came swaddled in layers of plastic, surrounded by shipping peanuts in a box within the box.

When I wrote the company in question, I was told, "We cannot control what our distributors do." So now I'm left with a question I pose to Our Daily Green readers... what can WE do?

No comments :