Such Simple Green - Our Daily Green

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Such Simple Green

Over the past week or so, Our Daily Green has highlighted ways we can change/shift our lives to become more mindful and filled with thoughtfulness.

This is so simple, so easy... so c'mon you can click and give a bit of info.

We live in stressful economic times. I regularly showcase the ways we as one person can live in a more frugal and ecologically friendly way. What if... we could encourage those in charge of opinion making, and their constituents to do as much? How cool would that be?

HERE is a formal way for you to encourage your elected officials to do the very thing I hope we encourage you to do.

Our Daily Green has repeatedly encouraged our readers to give up bottled water. We've showcased the assorted ways it is just as healthy, way more green and way less impact on the environment. If it's good enough for us, it's good enough for those we elect.

Here is a way to encourage them to set an example...

Enter your zipcode. Fill in your name and address. Click and mail. Could it be more simple?

Please. Go, Click, Encourage. It matters

Please comment if you clicked, I'd love to learn about your efforts. I have copied the reply from one of our Senators here in Ohio. What is your state up to?

here is the reply from my Senator:

Dear (FreshGreenKim):


Thank you for sharing your thoughts about bottled water and our nation’s water usage.

Not only must we ensure that the water we drink is clean and safe, but we must also be responsible stewards of this and other irreplaceable natural resources. You may wish to know that in my Washington, DC office my staff and I use filtered tap water.

In the future, should relevant legislation on this issue come before the Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown
United States Senator
We encourage our readers to ask their elected officials to give up bottled water. Please feel free to share their reactions here. I'm still waiting on two more. I will post as they arrive.